Sun Life Stadium in Miami Flordia
Commentators: Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler
– Triple Threat WWE Tag Team Title Pre-Show Match: Promo & Epico defeated The Usos and Tyson Kidd & Justinian Gabriel to retain the titles.
– World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus defeated Daniel Bryan in 18 seconds to win the title when he nailed him with the Brogue Kick as soon as the bell rang.
– Singles Match: Kane defeated Randy Orton by chokeslaming Orton off the second turnbuckle.
- Intercontinental Championship: Big Show defeated Cody Rhodes to win his first IC title when Show knocked him out with the WMD Punch.
-Diva’s Tag Team Match: Maria Menounos & Kelly Kelly defeated Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres when Beth picked up Maria for a overhead gorilla press slam and Kelly came in the ring to pull Maria down allowing Maria to roll her up for the pin.
– Hell in a Cell w/ Special guest referee Shawn Michaels: The Undertaker defeated HHH to extend the streak to 20-0. The finish came when a beaten and battered HHH tried to hit Undertaker with the sledgehammer but Taker blocked it and then HHH gave him the DX crotch chop. Taker lifted HHH into the air for a Tombstone piledriver for the win. Post match, HBK, HHH and Undertaker hug out of mutual respect. Jim Ross did color commentary for this match.
– 12 Man Tag Match: Team Johnny (David Otunga, Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, The Miz, and Drew McIntyre) defeated Team Teddy (Santino Marella, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Zack Ryder, The Great Khali, and Booker T) when Eve came in the ring and distracted Zack Ryder giving Miz the opening to hit the Skull Crushing Finale for the pin. John Laurinaitis is now the general manager of both Raw and Smackdown
– WWE Championship: CM Punk defeated Chris Jericho to retain the title when Punk applied the Anaconda Vice and after fighting it for a few minuets, Jericho had no choice but to tap out in the middle of the ring. Before the match, John Laurinaitis told CM Punk backstage that if he loses his temper and gets disqualified, he will lose his title.
– Once in a Lifetime: The Rock defeated John Cena when Cena got cocky and went to go for the People’s Elbow. The Rock kicks up, catches him bouncing off the ropes and hits the Rock Bottom for the 1-2-3.
Thoughts on the show:
Overall, it was a good show but could have been a better Wrestlemania. The smart marks are furious over the Daniel Bryan finish but it got everyone talking. Kane going over clean was a nice swerve since everyone thought it was a foregone conclusion that Randy Orton was going to win. Looking at his work, you can tell that Cody Rhodes wants it bad and he just might get there is he plays his cards right and the women’s match was a dud. The show crawled out from the grave for the Undertaker vs. HHH match which was match of the night. The last 10 mins of Punk vs. Jericho was great but not the show stealing match that everyone expected. I can’t imagine how hard that must be when everyone is expecting nothing but greatness out of your match. The fans were dead for the 90% of the match which didn’t help matters. Rock vs. Cena was an awesome match and almost made me change my mind for match of the night. Rock winning was the right call since everyone watching this event was paying to see the Rock. The crowd went bananas when Rock pinned Cena and I wish more pro wrestling matches got that type of reaction.
Categories: Pro Wrestling